Denver Negligent Security & Premises Liability Lawyers
Taking certain security measures can be important to keeping properties safe. When building owners and managers don’t take the necessary security precautions, it’s far more likely that accidents or assaults will happen at that property.
At Dormer, Harpring & Gray, LLC, our attorneys are skilled at proving when negligent security measures have caused harm, injuries and losses.
Known for putting our clients first, we are ready to provide you with unique representation and personalized legal services as we help you get onto the path to recovery.
Common Examples of Negligent Security Claims
Failures to provide adequate security for buildings (and other properties) can come in many forms. Most commonly, however, some examples include failing to:
- Install sufficient nighttime lighting along walkways, in stairwells, in parking lots, and/or in parking garages
- Repair broken security lights
- Install security cameras and/or repair broken cameras
- Install security gates with working locks
- Repair broken locks, doors, windows, and/or security gates
- Hire trained security guards to monitor properties or guests at a restaurant, bar, or venue (if this extra level of security is necessary to protect visitors at any point when they visit a property).
- Stop serving intoxicated individuals alcohol.
These failures can increase the risk that any of the following types of harm or attacks will occur at a given property:
- Assault and/or Battery
- Rape / Sexual Assault
- Other violent attacks or offenses.
Recoveries for Negligent Security Claims
When injured people have the courage to pursue negligent security claims, the recoveries for these cases can include (but may not be limited to) damages for:
- Medical bills
- Future treatment needs
- Lost wages (including past and future lost earnings)
- Mental suffering
- Permanent impacts to their physical abilities and/or their quality of life
- Loss of consortium.
Contact a Denver Personal Injury Lawyer at Dormer, Harpring & Gray, LLC
If you were harmed at a property that didn’t have adequate security, you can find out more about your options for recovery by contacting a Denver personal injury lawyer at Dormer, Harpring & Gray.
When you trust us to handle your case, you can be confident that you will receive:
- Personalized, responsive legal services
- Compassionate support
- Honest, straightforward legal advice
- Unique representation as we work on favorably resolving your case.
Call us at (303) 756-3812 or email us via the contact form on this page to learn more about our services and how we can help you. Our commitment to representing people from all walks of life means that we never charge for a consultation and that our legal fees are “contingent,” meaning they’re based only on the amount we recover.
From offices based in Denver, our attorneys provide exceptional representation to people throughout Denver County, Adams County, Boulder County, Arapahoe County, Jefferson County, and the state of Colorado.